[MPlayer-users] current cvs mencoder/libavcodec segfaults on pass two

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Aug 26 08:32:15 CEST 2003

Brett Jones wrote:
> For a while now (month or two) every time  I cvs update and build
> mplayer the mencoder fails on pass 2 when ripping dvds. I'm using 2 pass
> encoding with these command strings run from a script:

This sounds similar to a bug I (and others) have reported to occur when
using CV mencoder + libavcodec + libmpeg2, though from what you describe
it might be slightly different. Take a look here:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-August/020145.html

...and see if you can correlate anything.

-Corey