[MPlayer-users] Please reply!! Urgent!! No Audio while Playback

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at fugro-jason.com
Tue Aug 26 14:19:11 CEST 2003

* Balatoni Denes <pnis at coder.hu> (Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:10:44PM +0200)
> Hi!

> If it's urgent it's high time I replied :)
> According to mplayer's output everything looks fine to me.
> Maybe you recorded silence - I am not familiar with ffmpeg

Well, if as he sais he has recorded the video stream with ffmpeg, Im not
surprised he is only seeing the video stream.

Maybe suriya should try also recording the audio stream and then
multiplexing the audio and video stream together ..

Just a suggestion.

At any rate, this is not relevant for the mplayer discussion list.
suriya, I suggest you take this up with the ffmpeg people, or do some
googling.

> but perhaps you need to set where you are recording from (eg. with aumix or
> other app (man aumix) , if you have connected the audio out of the tuner card
> to the line-in of your soundcard) ; or you need to specify an audio input
> device for ffmpeg, I have no idea about that.
>
> Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't
>
> Denes
>

> On 2003. augusztus 26. 14.00, suriya mohan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had recorded the video streams using "FFMPEG".
> >
> > ffmpeg -vd /dev/video0 /root/axn.mpg
> >
> > When I playback the ".mpg" file using mplayer, I can able to see
> > the
> > video but no audio. How to rectify this ?
> >
> > Following are the output of mplayer for u'r perception.

Kind regards,
 --
Gerhard den Hollander                           Phone :+31-10.280.1515
ICT manager                                     Direct:+31-10.280.1539