[MPlayer-users] (cpudetection in rpm packages) Newbie question disabling run time

zimon@iki.fi zimon at niksula.hut.fi
Tue Aug 26 18:32:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 05:30:15PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 August 2003, zimon at iki.fi wrote:
> [...]
> > For myself I edited this one Freshmean rpm SPEC-file, which is in:
> > < http://www.iki.fi/zimon/public/rpm_specs/MPlayer-my.spec >
> [...]
> > The spec file is far from perfect, but it works for me in RH9 better than the
> > ones I have found from the Net. It won't compile with runtime-cpudetection
> > or with GUI-support, unless you include them by using --with in rpmbuild.
>
> Have you tried the official RPMs?

Yes. They crash on my system always.
The automatic detection system thinks PentiumPro is fully P6-type
processor, when in fact it is missing something needed in fastmemcpy().
I think that is the reason. I reported the bug here on this list about
one week ago also. (--disable-fastmemcpy or --whithout fastmemcpy helps)

Also ready made rpm binaries usually do not have all the options compiled
in; usually one or many of the following supports are missing:
joystick, live.com, fbdev, directfb, libfame, lzo, aalib, libdv, xvid
Actually LIVE.COM support is a real bitch to get compiled in, so no wonder
about that.

//	z