[MPlayer-users] (cpudetection in rpm packages) Newbie question disabling run time

zimon@iki.fi zimon at niksula.hut.fi
Tue Aug 26 22:15:07 CEST 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 06:58:37PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> True. We tried to keep external dependencies minimal.
> Let's see how the official RPMs come out...
>
> > joystick,
>
> Never tried, although I do have the hardware (i.e. a joystick), so I
> suppose I could work this out (and have a working "--with joystick"
> option).

Yep, that one is easy.

> > directfb
>
> Never tried. I guess I could work on that.

Never had any problems to get it compiled in. However, I doubt many will
have DirectFB RPMs installed, especially because there seems not to be
any DirectFB-RPM-packages out there. I myself installed it as a rpm with
checkinstall. <http://checkinstall.izto.org> Could make a working spec
file for it easily.

> > libfame
>
> What for? Last I heard it was obsoleted by lavc (and removed in
> 0.90pre9)

I don't know :-) It is still in CVS v2003.08.25: "--enable fame" and
I still happen to have libfame installed on the system, so... never
used it though as I seldom encode anything in this system.

> > lzo
>
> Never tried. Shouldn't be too hard to make it work.

Yes, that is easy. I basically just have it compiled in because it is
possible. I sometimes have tested if it would make any changes in speed
as it is said to be "Decompression is simple and *very* fast."

> > aalib
>
> --with aalib
>
> > libdv
>
> Never tried. I may get to it eventually.

Compiling is easy if just libdv-devel-*.rpm is installed.

I hope the official RPM packages then some day when released will have
GPG-signatures. MD5sums without signatures is just false sense of security.
Integrity without authenticity can be dangerous.
< http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-pgp-signing-packages.html >

// z