[MPlayer-users] Mencoder encoding to mpeg2

Erik Slagter erik at oldconomy.com
Wed Aug 27 11:44:13 CEST 2003

> not only is it true, but it already appears to work...sorta.
> Compiling mencoder/mplayer CVS with libavcodec out of ffmpeg cvs I can do:
> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=2500:vhq

But how to generate a compliant mp2 or ac3 audio stream then!?!?

Mencode only offers me copy, pcm and mp3lame. Using mp3 might work on
some players, pcm probably will, but that takes a _lot_ of space.

FFmpeg supports encoding mpeg2 and mp2/ac3 natively and also muxes to
vob natively. Would it be that much work to actually use that support
;-)