[MPlayer-users] How to encode more audio tracks to external file(s) [mp3] or intoavi together?

Andreas Lange andreas.lange at chemie.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 28 10:30:39 CEST 2003

Daniel Mladek wrote:

> But I want go little bit more further. I'd like to have a movie with 2
> (or more) audiotracks and with 2(or more) VOBsubtitles.
> I don't care much if it will be all in one avi file or in an avi and
> some external audio files eg. in mp3.
> Maybe I'd prefer external files.
>
> I'm stick. Only one thing I've found about is:
> mplayer -dvd 1 -aid 128 -dumpaudio
>
> and then I don't know.... I'm sure there's something very easy and
> straightforward to do it well.
>
> thanks for advice,
> -daniel

mplayer -dvd 1 -vc dummy -vo null -hardframedrop -ao pcm -aofile audio.wav
then you can encode  the wav-file with lame

for the vobsubs do something like:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o /dev/null -dvd 1 -vobsubout subtitles
-vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 0
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o /dev/null -dvd 1 -vobsubout subtitles
-vobsuboutindex 1 -sid 5
and so on