[MPlayer-users] Re: How to encode more audio tracks to external file(s) [mp3] or intoavi together?

Arwed von Merkatz v.merkatz at gmx.net
Thu Aug 28 13:11:06 CEST 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 12:45:29PM +0200, Stefan Lange wrote:
> Daniel Mladek wrote:
>
> >[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >Thanks for navigation:-)
> >
> >But I can't get to the
> >http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/encoding-tips.txt even thought I'm
> >able to list the dir and
> >see any other file in it:-(((  Maybe badly set rights?
> >
> >FYI: Of'ourse I have it localy too:-) and could read it...
> >
> >>You're on the right track. There are some details in
> >>encoding-tips.txt. I recommend using Ogg as the container and Vorbis
> >>as the audio codec because Ogg (or Ogm) can easily accommodate
> >>multiple tracks of several types and Vorbis has quality superior to MP3.
> >

> >That's sound pretty good. Would you mind give me some real easy
> >example for now, please?
> >I'd probaly need more reading the tips to properly understand them:-)
>
> The README from the ogmtools is a probably a good start for you to begin
> with.
>
> http://bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/README

If you're mainly interested in playing the resulting files with mplayer,
you may also want to take a look at the matroska format:

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

MPlayer has really major seek problems with ogm files, matroska works
perfectly compared to it.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video