[MPlayer-users] Which codec is fast and good?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Aug 28 15:31:52 CEST 2003

Yes, you may be right. But have you ever tried to edit a 5 GB huge file over
the network? This needs hours for every pass, and there are many commercials
to be cut out! --> Forget this, it is not practical.

I will try avisplit or use mencoder to produce smaller pieces on Linux and
then transfer them once over the network, ready for continuing with cutting
there. This is the only really practical way.

 On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Bill Eldridge wrote:
| Basically if you edit on NFS/Samba, I don't think you have
| the same 2GB limitation.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch