[MPlayer-users] Re: Can mencoder write partial files while encoding?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Aug 29 11:28:06 CEST 2003

Hi Ryan Voots,

on 28 Aug 2003 10:44:25 -0400 you wrote:

> well since it is tv shows its too bad that you couldn't detect when
> commercials are going to break it apart then, but i think that is
> besides the point of your question
I got a little idea for this long ago. I have no idea how doable it is
but here it is: Most tv channel put their logo somewhere on the screen
but not during commercials. As these logo are small it shouldn't be too
cpu intensive to watch for them.
However this woudldn't be perfect as tv channels uselly show this logo
also during their "omn commercial" (the next show, film of tomorow, etc).
Until now it's the only idea i got wich seems both cpu friendly and
reliable (at least within its own limits).
Did someone got some other idea on this topic ? Perhaps that by combining
some other strange ideas we can get something good ;)
	Albeu
--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.