[MPlayer-users] Commercial detection (was: Re: Can mencoder write partial files w hile encoding?)

Pferdekaemper, Thorsten thorsten.pferdekaemper at sap.com
Fri Aug 29 13:04:44 CEST 2003

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alban Bedel [mailto:albeu at free.fr]
Gesendet: Freitag, 29. August 2003 12:16
An: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Betreff: [MPlayer-users] Re: Can mencoder write partial files while encoding?

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
Hi Rainer Hantsch,

on Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:42:21 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Alban Bedel wrote:
>
> | Hi Ryan Voots,
> | > well since it is tv shows its too bad that you couldn't detect when
> | > commercials are going to break it apart then, but i think that is
> | > besides the point of your question
> | I got a little idea for this long ago. I have no idea how doable it is
> | but here it is: Most tv channel put their logo somewhere on the screen
> | but not during commercials. As these logo are small it shouldn't be
> | too cpu intensive to watch for them.
>
> I surely have other priorities for the moment.
> Currently I feel myself fighting against windmills. I found now a _very_
> CPU intensive setup which compresses into DivX @ 640x400px. My Celeron
> 1700 is loaded to nearely 95%, but it works, so I get good image quality
> at a better compression. (I use now degauss3d again, pp=tn produces much
> bigger files because it lets more noise remain in the video.)
I also go for the best encoding quality and take care of the commercials
myself. Indeed a good commercial detector is in the dreams of all tv
encoders ;)

Hi,
I don't think so. I don't have a real problem with the commercials when recording something. I am able to skip them using my remote (or keyboard) very easily.
In my opinion, there are some more interesting features yet to implement. For example something like VirtualDub to skip whatever I want and to reencode offline. I would like to have something like this first...
Just my 2c...
Regards,
	Thorsten