[MPlayer-users] Re: Quicktime: "No 'moov' atom could be found "

Ken Martinek kmartinek at ascentmedia.com
Fri Aug 29 17:27:30 CEST 2003

 Wow, I thought it might have supported other containers. My understanding
is that for a file to really be a true "mpeg-4" file, it has to have its
container too. Its also been my understanding that AVI cant contain
"Objects" like MP4 or Quicktime wrappers, so is a generally bad container,
true? AVI also seems to have poor support on streaming servers.

Is an mp4 container far off in the future?

Hm, this may also be the reason that Real player doesnt like the output file
either; it says something about "invalid or corrupt file"...