[MPlayer-users] Re: Quicktime: "No 'moov' atom could be found"

Jouni.Lohikoski@iki.fi zimon at niksula.hut.fi
Fri Aug 29 19:42:43 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 12:32:37PM -0500, Jonathan Rogers wrote:
> The MPEG-4 licensing is a big problem for Free Software, at least for
> commercial use. I'm not even sure if I'm safe using it privately; I
> might be violating patents every time I use mencoder with libavcodec. Do
> containers, including Quicktime.

How about ogg as a multimedia container format?
It is not well supported, I'd assume, but if MPlayer would support it,
if it would be good, we would use it and p2p networks would start to
have .ogg files/containers, it wouldn't take soon when all other multimedia
programs would support it also.

I don't know if it is any good.

Some discrussion about it here:
< http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200110/0002.html >