[MPlayer-users] DVD drive support in RH8.0?

Jean-Yves Simon lethalwp at tiscali.be
Sat Aug 30 21:46:10 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 20:54, bubba smith wrote:
> Ok, I've got mplayer 0.90 installed and it appears to be working fine.  How
> do I get my DVD/CDRW (LiteOn) drive to be seen by RH8.0 and thus be able to
> play a dvd movie from it in MPlayer?  right now it looks like RH8.0
> recognizes it just as a cdrom (iso9660) drive in etc/fstab .
you can read dvd tracks by using the commands explained in the manual:

mplayer -fs dvd://2   for instance, (man mplayer  /dvd )  but dvd
navigation has a very bad support atm, use ogle or xine if you need
dvdnavigation, mplayer will support it in its generation 2 version that
is in development.

--
Jean-Yves Simon <lethalwp at tiscali.be>