[MPlayer-users] [Fwd: [Mplayer-dvb] -vf pp=lb]

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Dec 1 22:00:17 CET 2003

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 18:49:12 +0100
tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:

> If I mencode a talk show, news ... ie studio broadcasting or programs
> made for TV especially, I remark that the quality is better
> with -vf pp=lb. Is that the same with a movie ?
You should try them yourself, and see if you are happy with the results.
 With lb, there are commonly "ghosts" where there is high-motion.  I've
chosen to live with the ghosting because the others seriously lower
picture quality, which looks worse to me.

Personally, I mostly use "-vf pullup" for detelecining/deinterlacing
DVDs, but it has problems as well.

> do this filter work with -voc copy ?
No filters work with "-vop copy".