[MPlayer-users] How to integrate XviD in Compilation process?

Stephen D. Leedle LeedleSt at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 22:40:26 CET 2003

Hello!

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 19:05, Corey Hickey wrote:
> > Is this true or am I following a mental dead end? I'm almost sure, I
> > am!
>
> Well, yes, you are. :) Libavcodec and xvid are two _entirely_ separate
> projects - one does not contain the other.

Thank You for explanation!

I want to express respect to both teams for their work, but I only want to
use XviD native core support because of support for new features only
enclosed in XviD 1.0.0 beta.

> > My interest in the newest xvid codec is this new, special feature,
> > which is described like this (from www.xvid.org):
> > --- quote start ---
> > Special mode for cartoons/anime like futuruma/the simpsons or any
> > anime with flat color areas
> > --- qote end ---

I will use XviD core library support, which succesfully compiled through
Your suggestion of CVS code usage! Thank You :)

> -Corey

Greetings, Stephen D. Leedle