[MPlayer-users] IBM videos

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Thu Dec 4 15:29:18 CET 2003

I'm watching TV last night and up pops a commercial that I haven't seen
before.  It's got the tell-tale powder blue bars at the top and bottom
so I know it might be an IBM commercial and my mind perks up.  Sure
enough, not only is it an IBM commercial but it's a bona fide Linux
commercial, and a good one at that!  Whoa, wait'll my wife sees this!
But she was already asleep.  So this morning, I hop on over to the IBM
site to see what they've got regarding this new commercial so that I
might be able to show my wife.  Here it is:

http://www-306.ibm.com/e-business/doc/content/lp/prodigy.html?P_Campaign=6N2A5W08&P_Site=S89&P_Creative=B0PR00L0

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any of the videos to work.  :-(

I'm running a new install of Fedora Core 1 and I had installed the
latest mplayer goodies from ATrpms just a couple days ago.  The version
is mplayer-1.0-pre2_26.rhfc1.at with all dependencies covered.  It
installed without a hitch.  Since it is quite new, I haven't really had
much chance to do much testing, just a few videos form the mplayerplugin
site which seemed to play fine.

Do these IBM videos work for anyone else using mplayer?  Thanks for any
tips or advice!