[MPlayer-users] Re: "Sample format big endian AC3 not yet supported" / AC3 5.1 is misinterpreted as AC3 2Ch 8 (?) bit with 1 (!) bps (???)

dwe dwe at firemail.de
Thu Dec 4 20:29:46 CET 2003

> AC3 passthrough is not (yet) supported in the Windows port AFAICS, the
> only audio output plugins that can handle it are oss, alsa, macosx, mpegpes
> and dxr2.

Thx.
I guess you're right, because the noise (somewhat like a helicopter's sound) is also on the analogue output of the soundcard an the AC3-decoder identifies it as normal PCM Stereo. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the first posting.

But maybe mplayer always does hardware passtrough AND software-downmixing with -ac hwac3 option?

With moonlight codecs I'm able to listen and watch a movie on the TV (TV-Out), using video overlay and digital audio out and simultaneously play some completely different sound, e.g. mp3 files via the stereo output and use the computer (VGA Output)  for some different task.

Does the DXR3 board work as well or only DXR2?
And do this boards have the RGB signal somewhere?