[MPlayer-users] split-screen mplayer

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Dec 7 05:04:09 CET 2003

> if i have 2 svga monitors, 1/2 of the mpeg pics
> are displayed on each

It sounds like your monitors are combined into one virtual display then, using
something like Xinerama.  I'm not sure how you could restrict each movie to
one monitor, my best guess would be to play the movie in a window and just
resize the window so it takes up one whole monitor.

I run my monitors as separate X11 screens, so I don't have this problem, but
when you run them as separate screens you can't do things like drag windows
across monitors.  This doesn't bother me because I like having them separate
(it means I can run them in different resolutions, colour depths, etc.) but
it's not for everyone.

Cheers,
Adam.