[MPlayer-users] missing man pages

Andrew J. Yeckel ay2b at queue.org
Sun Dec 7 20:19:13 CET 2003

I had been running an older version of mplayer (from CVS about a month or
two ago), and I just upgraded to the current CVS version of mplayer,
hoping to fix a problem I was having, only to discover that the man pages
are missing.  Now when I do 'man mplayer' it tells me 'No manual entry for
mplayer'.  What's happened to them?  Have they been moved to some other
location?  With mplayer's plethora of options, I can't possibly hope to
know all of them.  'mplayer --help' is insufficient, and refers people to
the man page for more details.

The problem I was having that I hoped would be fixed is that for some
reason my mplayer windows refuses to go on top of the xterm window from
which I invoke mplayer.  This is happening with both '-vo xv' and '-vo
x11'.  Actually it seems like it's setting the stacking layer of the xterm
to something above 'normal' because even after mplayer exits, that xterm
still wants to be on top.  This currently only seems to be happening when
specifying '-fs' on the command line, not when pressing 'f' while running.
I believe the bug was occurring in both situation before upgrading.  I was
hoping that the man pages might list some other options to try, before
submitting a full bug report.

--Andy

--
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."