[MPlayer-users] Creating DIVX for Xoro HSD 400 with mencoder.

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Dec 8 04:25:07 CET 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 10:23:10PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > > My questions are:
> > >
> > > *  What is the difference between
> > > 	VIDEO:  [DIV3]
> > >     (which works on the DVD player)
> > >     and
> > > 	VIDEO:  [div3]
> > >     (which does not work on the DVD player)
> > >     In other words: What difference does mplayer indicate
> > > with the upper case
> > >     versus lower case div3?
> > Nothing. fourcc div3 and DIV3 are the same. Someone correct me if I'm
> > wrong...
>
> Correct.

BTW, use -ffourcc DIV3 to fix the problem. And you might be having a
similar problem using real mpeg4, in which case you could try changing
the fourcc for it too. (But DIV3 is _only_ for msmpeg4, so if you use
real mpeg4, check and see what fourcc's your hardware player likes for
it before encoding.)

Rich