[MPlayer-users] Real Audio & -dumpstream

Vidar Wahlberg canidae at exent.net
Mon Dec 8 05:22:58 CET 2003

Good evening.

I've been playing around with live Real Audio streams & tried to dump
them to my hdd. However, it seems to be some troubles with it.
Listen to http://www.exent.net/~canidae/test.ra
Especially after about 2 mins & 30 secs.

The syntax I used for that:
mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile test.ra -nocache \
rtsp://rmlivev8.bbc.net.uk/farm/*/ev7/live24/radio1/live/r1_dsat_g2.ra

I've also tried without specifying "-nocache" (sometimes give 640k
cache, other times something else), but no change...

I've never heard it start jumping when I listen to it.
It's only when I use "-dumpstream" or "-ao pcm -aofile".
It also seem to only do it on live streams (either that or it's just
that stream).

--
Regards,
Vidar Wahlberg