[MPlayer-users] Re: Mandrake 9.2 contrast problem

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Mon Dec 8 21:18:08 CET 2003

Not sure if this is related or will help but
when viewing the new LOTR trailer with the pre-built

mplayer-1.0-0.pre2.2plf

it had really bad contrast/brightness (xv driver).
It was way too dark.

I don't watch dvd's (I have no time!) except
for some frame extraction for my research,
so I did not experiement with the contrast and with
different drivers. I just adjusted the contrast by hand.

Couple of days ago I downloaded

mplayer-1.0-0.pre2.4plf

and tested against LOTR again.

Now the contrast/brightness problem seems to be gone.
Not sure if they patched a config file to fix
the problem, or what.  But LOTR (and I assume
everything else) looks good.  Again the
xv driver is being used (by dafault).

Dean