[MPlayer-users] LFE, where are you?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Tue Dec 9 07:44:11 CET 2003

> I´ve the same problem but with a downmix to 4 speakers (SB Live Value!
> Edition) and I´m missing LFE. I´m _SURE_ that my subwoofer can handle it as
> I can hear it with PowerDVD in Windows.
> Any ideas to include the LFE in the 4 Speaker output?

What drivers are you using for the SBLive?  For the Audigy running emu-dspmgr
-a"Pcm Sub:Front L" will mix the LFE signal in with the front left speaker
(only one speaker should be enough, otherwise the LFE signal will be twice as
strong.)  I don't know if this will work for the SBLive (it may require
hardware 5.1 support), but I think they use the same drivers (emu10k1) so you
might be in luck.  If this does work, then it will work for all programs too,
not just mplayer.

Cheers,
Adam.