[MPlayer-users] Re: Mandrake 9.2 contrast problem

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Dec 10 05:56:48 CET 2003

Dean S. Messing wrote:

> So I was fooled by the fact that xv remembers the settings.

Yes, the xv settings are remembered for me too (Debian Sarge, XFree86
4.2.1, NVidia Ti4200-8x). I've found this a bit annoying in the past,
but never got worked up enough to write an email.

If I start mplayer and turn down the brightness by 1 increment, the
change makes a noticable difference to the display yet isn't large
enough to register on the OSD.

Does anybody know of a way to reset contrast, brightness, etc. to their
default values without restarting X?

> P.S. Completely off-topic side question I've
>      been meaning to ask:
>
>      I have been away from the mplayer list
>      for a few months but am beginning to use
>      mplayer heavily again for my research.
>      Since beginning to read this list I have
>      noticed the absence of any messages from
>      indomitable A'rpi.  Where is he?

After the release of 0.90, he stopped working on mplayer and reading
mplayer-users, and started working on mplayer G2. I don't really know
how much is happening with G2, but A'rpi still posts on the other
mplayer lists occasionally.

-Corey