[MPlayer-users] standalone DVD-player that plays mencoded AVIs

HR haavroed at online.no
Wed Dec 10 14:53:41 CET 2003

> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Joel LArsson
[...]
> This is not true.
What is not true?

> http://www.kiss-technology.com/
>
> They make DVD player that play xvid, divx and so on. There
> are even models with
> buildt in NIC to stream from internet/lan.
Yes, the two KISS players are among those that pop up when you check for
DIVX.

RTFM(ail) before you post.

[...]
> Quoting HR <haavroed at online.no>:
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >
> > Try http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php and check your
> requirements.
> > It should give you something to investigate further.
> >
> > Keep in mind that AFAIK no standalone players support advanced MPEG4
> > features, which you'll find in most avi encodes... However,
    ^^^^^^^^
I must admit, I have not tested the KISS players. Do you know for a fact
that thay support all advanced MPEG4 features, such as qpel, GMC and b
frames? I though they did not, and still think so.

HR