[MPlayer-users] How to instruct mplayer to enable postprocessing with mpegpes? (NOVIRUS)

Ari Huttunen Ari.Huttunen at F-Secure.com
Thu Dec 11 09:49:17 CET 2003

I'm looking at some self-encoded AVI files on my DVB card, and
it works sort of. The problem is that I have visible macroblocks
on some scenes, and I would like to enable sufficient postprocessing,
so they would be removed.

Those blocks are visible in areas of similar color when there is
considerable action elsewhere on the frame. I encoded my test with
mencoder (1.0pre3) with LAVC, mpeg4 and 1800kbit/s or 2500kbit/s,
but couldn't get rid of those macroblocks. (Yes, it's better than
1.0pre2, thanks.)

The command line used to play the AVIs is like the following:

/usr/local/bin/mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -afm 9 -vop
lavc=5000:25.000,(*),expand=720:576:-1:-1:1,scale=720:576 -cache 4096 -slave
-nolirc -subpos 80 -sub-bg-color 0 -sub-bg-alpha 0 -quiet /data/avi/hercule.avi

(*) Notes the place where I had the vertical and horizontal deblocking filters,
and the simple postprocessing filter specified, but it didn't do much, if
anything. What's wrong?

I don't remember exact syntax because I don't have the man-page in this
machine, and it's not available in the web site. It was something like
pp=vd/hd:spp=6.

Ari

--
Everything is not as bad as it seems. <Poolzmaiden>