[MPlayer-users] av sync problems DVD and DVD->divx

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Thu Dec 11 11:05:13 CET 2003

I have been trying to rip and encode DVD since one week just for trial.
I Googled and looked at this mailing-list a lot.

AMD-Athlon-2***
SuSE-Linux-8.2
512Mb Ram
mplayer 1.0PRE3

Simple test:

mencoder dvd://1 -o test.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=1500
-oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128

mplayer test.avi  : I always have a sound delay of about 2-3 seconds.
Two frames are skipped at the beginning of encoding
Difficult to compensate with -delay <sec> parameter.

The image is reasonably good.

Is this a fatality or is it now a way to solve the problem (sorry if I did find
the obvious solution): a procedure to try to find where the problem lies?
Of course it could be a temporary bug.

Same problem with DVD::RIP/transcode : about same sound delay during preview.

I have no problem to encode TV input.

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be