[MPlayer-users] avi 20GB problems

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Dec 11 16:03:36 CET 2003

>It could be a bad index ... though I warn you know that it'll take
>forever to rebuild!  {see the -idx and -forceidx}

hi,
because -noidx gives me unsynced audio I tried -forceidx. but again,
encoding quits prematurely, this time exploding my shell with chunk ID
mismatches...any ideas? Here are my encoding commands:

FPS=25.0
VOP="scale=640:480,crop=686:500:10:40"
BR=960

nice -n 19 mencoder_static -v -forceidx -oac mp3lame -lameopts
fast:preset=standard -ovc frameno -ofps $FPS -o frameno.avi GOLEM.AVI
#and it breaks with chunk ID mismatch so it doesnt reach the next command:
nice -n 19 mencoder_static -v -forceidx -oac copy -vop $VOP -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=$BR:vhq:vqmin=2:vqmax=15:keyint=250 \
:vmax_b_frames=0 -ofps $FPS -sws 2 -o szulkin-golem-vhsrip-forceidx.avi
GOLEM.AVI

raw video comes from windoze pinnacle dvtools stuff, people are using it
on the regular basis to rip stuff off VHS tapes... (they encode it in
premiere, I never tried it)

any more suggestions?
thank you
dominik