[MPlayer-users] giving it the chop

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Dec 11 16:59:11 CET 2003

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:40:11 +1300
anton <anton_melser at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> mencoder  -ss 0:55:20 -oac copy -ovc copy -o cut2c.avi tower2.avi
> and the audio I get on the resulting avi is the audio from the
> beginning, not starting at 55:20. This worked perfectly for dvd1. I am
I'd say it's most likely just the version of mplayer/mencoder you are
using.  Try upgrading/downgrading and see if it's still a problem...  I
don't think it will be.

> I even tried using virtual dub but that just made a mess of it. I
> would really like to understand what is going on... I don't want to
> have to go back to CBR, as I have been informed that this "doesnt'
> happen" !!!!

I don't know who informed you that this "doesn't happen".  I had
conversed with the author of avidemux a few times, and he seems to be
completely and totally uninterested in fixing this problem.

With avidemux, did you make sure to run the audio time mapping?  (It's
in the docs).  If not, try it.  If you already did, then you are out of
luck with avidemux (wouldn't surpise me).