[MPlayer-users] A plea for LFE-help

Jacob Jovelou jacob at katedral.se
Thu Dec 11 21:46:54 CET 2003

Hello again.

I wrote a couple of days ago about my LFE problem. I want to be able to
include the LFE-signals in the downmix made by liba52 while playing
5.1-movies on my 2.0 system. Someone gave me the tip that the
audiofilter pan could help, and by reading the manual it does feel like
this could be a solution. Maybe together with -af channels to route
sound from the LFE-channel to one (or both) of my front-speakers.

However, I am not able to get this working. The manual feels
insufficient on it's descriptions - or maybe my computer doesn't do
what it is supposed to do. Therefor I hope that maybe someone of you
out there knows how to master the pan- and channels audiofilter to
solve my problem. People tell me that WinDVD and PowerDVD in Windows
does the LFE-trick, but I would never use Windows, and I am convinced
that mplayer can do it!

My hardware is a PowerBook G4 with Gentoo Linux and mplayer1.0-pre2.

Thank you for your time and help!

Regards,
Jacob