[MPlayer-users] report position in file for cutting

Johan johan at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Dec 12 08:00:19 CET 2003

Hi!

Googling the list archives got me nowhere, so perhaps this isn't a faq:

I want to cut a couple of scenes from a VCD compliant movie. My plan is
to use mplayer to find the exact position I want to cut, and then use a
third party program to do the cutting (all under linux, mplayer version
MPlayer 0.90-RPM-3.1  (=1.0pre2?)).

1) is there any way to adjust playback speed on the fly (I know I can
adjust it using cmd-line switches)? Audio sync is not an issue.
2) How can I ask mplayer to spit out the place where I am in the file:
either/both in time offset or/and byte offset?

3) perhaps this is the wrong tool for the job. Can you suggest any better?

Thanks!

Johan

PS: please cc me as well.