[MPlayer-users] ac3 for mplex

HR haavroed at online.no
Sat Dec 13 12:52:20 CET 2003

> [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of
> Àíòîíîâ Äìèòðèé
[...]
> >How do I best extract an ac3 audio stream from a VOB suitable for
> >mplex'ing?
[...]
> I use this
[...]
>  mplayer the_matrix_29-32.vob -aid 128 -dumpaudio -dumpfile
> the_matrix_29-32_en.ac3
>  mplayer the_matrix_29-32.vob -aid 129 -dumpaudio -dumpfile
> the_matrix_29-32_ru.ac3
[...]
> and after
>  mplex -f 8 -V -o the_matrix_29-32.mpg the_matrix_29-32.m2v
> the_matrix_29-32_en.ac3 the_matrix_29-32_ru.ac3
Urgh, yes, my mistake. I tried -dumpaudio on the last of the VOB's in a
DVD set, in which case I guess there is no AC3 header in the stream dump
or something else missing, so mplex refused to use it. I tried the same
dump on the whole VOB produced by -dumpstream, and everything was fine.
Was just trying to grab a test sample to see what I could do with it.

Sorry!

HR