[MPlayer-users] Extract video stream from SVCD

romildo at uber.com.br romildo at uber.com.br
Sat Dec 13 21:58:40 CET 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 04:01:26PM +0100, HR wrote:
> > [mailto:mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of
> > romildo at uber.com.br
> [...]
> > I want to extract the video stream (MPEG2) from a SVCD.
> > Can anybody help me with that?
> >
> > I have tried
> >
> > $ mencoder vcd://1 -ovc copy -oac copy -o
> > panteras.detonando.svcd.1.avi
> >
> > but the result is an AVI file, not an mpg file as I would expect.
>
> Are you sure it's not just the filename? After all, you requested it be
> named *avi.

Yes, it is an avi file. In the first try I have named
the output panteras.detonando.svcd.1.mpg, but tcprobe
confirmed it was an avi.

> Try 'mplayer vcd://1 -dumpvideo -dumpfile dump.m2v'... does that give
> you what you want?

That seems to work, although when approaching the end
of the movie, mplayer core dumped. I will try it in
another installation of mplayer (another SO).

Thanks.

Romildo