[MPlayer-users] mplayer in slave mode

Theo Beisch theo.beisch at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 00:56:13 CET 2003

To whom it may concern:

Using Mplayer (0.92 - fresh built from the just downloaded source) with

mplayer -slave -quiet -playlist /home/tb/pl_linux.m3u

(all up to now working ok, playlist starts to play, commands like pause or
volume work correctly)

Issuing the following command: loadfile /home/tb/lawally.mp3 (the file exists)

(I am trying to prepare switching the replayed song to a new file without
restarting the mplay task)

crashes Mplayer with the following message:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: key_events
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
  version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html
  and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
  provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

I am just starting to use Mplayer and I realize this may be an RTFM to my
account, however so far I could not find docs regarding the "loadfile"
command. Maybe somone can help before I dig deeper and provide all the debug
relevant infos per the readme.

Thanks ahead...
Theo