[MPlayer-users] converting 25 fps -> 23.976 fps?

Andres Heinloo andres at gfz-potsdam.de
Tue Dec 16 15:49:30 CET 2003

Hi,

I have converted NTSC movies (23.976 fps) to PAL by playing the movie a
little bit faster and resampling audio at 48kHz with sox. I think even in
case of commercial DVDs, movies (24fps) are converted to PAL (25fps) by
simply playing them a bit faster. Full interpolation of frames probably
takes a huge amount of CPU power. I guess downconverting from 29.976 fps
to 23.976 fps (with inverse telecine) makes sense if it is an NTSC movie
that has been upconverted with 3:2 pulldown (telecine).

Andres.