[MPlayer-users] mencvcd: subtitle sync problem on second CD

Joe Desbonnet joe at galway.net
Wed Dec 17 03:05:38 CET 2003

I used the mencvcd script (from the TOOLS directory in MPlayer-1.0pre3 )
to encode a long AVI with a separate subtitles file to 2 x SVCD discs. I
used -cdsize to set the split mark at 650M. The first CD was perfect. On
the second CD the subtitles are out of sync by about 10 seconds (the
subtitles arrive 10 seconds later than the dialog). I believe tools from
transcode 0.6.11 are used in the process also. I suspect it has
something to do with what happens at the split mark. I've checked the
original AVI -- the subtitles are perfectly synchronized when played
with mplayer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe.