[MPlayer-users] Interlaced playback?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Dec 17 11:33:29 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>>>BTW, if you want to see tfields in action, you can try a G2 snapshot.
>>>It's very cool!
>>>
>>>Rich
>>>

>>Is there any snapshot newer than
>>http://people.fsn.hu/~alex/mplayer/g2/mplayer-g2-preview42.tar.gz
>>or are they kept in a different location now?
>

> That's the newest. Unfortunately development is a bit stalled while we
> design the new video layer. There's lots of discussion and some coding
> going on, but it's a lot of work to entirely replace one of the most
> important layers in mplayer...
>

>>If preview 42 is the newest, is there any way to pass arguments?
>>test-play doesn't seem to accept them yet, unless I'm going about
>>it all wrong.
>

> Hm? Which arguments? It always worked for me.
>
> Rich

I should have been more specific: whenever I try to specify an option on
the command line, g2 just quits:

$ ./test-play -nosound ../movie.avi
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/local/share/locale
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 6, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes

(that was the full output)

Actually, I partially retract that. It seems that some options work, but
I had never tried them before. Anyway, the above is true when I try
$ ./test-play -vf tfields ../movie.avi

Do I just have some syntax wrong?

Thanks,
Corey