[MPlayer-users] problem with XV driver in fullscreen mode

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 18 07:04:54 CET 2003

I am running mplayer latest CVS on mandrake-9.2.

When I run:

	mplayer -v -fs -vo xv file

often, just after switching to the fullscreen mode, the entire screen
becomes black. Ofcourse, if I press 'f' key then the video shows fine
after switching to the non-fullscreen mode. If I press 'f' again, video
shows just fine in FS-mode. Basically, the black screen problem appears
only when mplayer is starting up at FS-mode.

Note that the above problem appears, say, in 25% of the cases. Therefore,
this may have something to do with timing.

MPlayer-1.0pre1 had the same problem with XV driver in fullscreen mode.
But an earlier version of mplayer (0.91)  does _not_ have this problem
with the XV driver. So, some change in the libvo XV code may have caused
this bug.

In any case=, this problem is not there (for any version of mplayer) if I
use the X11 driver:

        mplayer -v -fs -vo x11 -zoom file

thanks..