[MPlayer-users] Fast-forward/rewind in large mpeg

Grant Totten grantt at thedrawlyn.com
Fri Dec 19 20:21:47 CET 2003

Hi all,

I've done some searching around, but I can't find any mention of this
problem.

I've got a bunch of mpeg-2 video files, and I've found that for files
larger than a certain size, fast-forward and rewind don't work.  For
files smaller than that "boundary" size, forward/rewind/jump seems to
work fine.  For example, I can fast-forward around in a file of
2,065,585,760 bytes, but not one of 2,170,549,510 bytes.

I'm using the CVS version of mplayer as of about a month ago.  Would
anyone know if this is a common problem?

Thanks,
Grant Totten