[MPlayer-users] How to keep Percent in OSD?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Dec 21 01:16:48 CET 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:53:08 -0600
Nathan Morell <frizop at eatel.net> wrote:

> 	When I play video's I sometimes hit the "o" key and get a feel for how
> much is left in the video, generally after hitting 'o' one time, I get
> the current time in the video and a percent, however, after a second or
> two that percent go's away. How do I keep it there?

Hmm.. this functionality isnt implemented but you can do it easily
yourself. Just open mplayer.c with your favorite editor and jump
to line 3565. Around there (depending on your version of mplayer.c)
you'll find this if clause:
---
          if (osd_show_percentage) {
            percentage = demuxer_get_percent_pos(demuxer);
            osd_show_percentage--;
          }
---
Delete there the line with "osd_show_percentage--;", then recompile
mplayer. After that, the percentage display shouldn't go away

Something you might also change is line 763:
---
int osd_show_percentage = 0;
---
By default the percentage is only shown after seeking. If you
change the initial value here to something non-zero it'll be shown
always.

Around line 3565 is the code for the OSD, you can change there
the behaviour of the OSD like you want.

			Attila Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu