[MPlayer-users] mencoder on nfs

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Tue Dec 23 14:07:58 CET 2003

Hello,

I try to encode a file from a remote box.
This file is on nfs exported partition, that I can read and write.

Mplayer can play this file via nfs, but mencoder does't :

MEncoder dev-CVS-031130-11:22-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 /Athlon MP/XP Palomino 1467 MHz
(Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

Reading /home/nico/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/home/nico/.mplayer/codecs.conf': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Using built-in default codecs.conf.
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
Reading config file /home/nico/.mplayer/mencoder: Aucun fichier ou
répertoire de ce type
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x0
TiVo file format detected.
MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header.
Video: Cannot read properties.
Exiting...

the same command on the remote box work fine, the to version of mplayer
an mencoder (from the two box) have the same compilling options.

the command was :

nice -19 mencoder $fichier -$temps -o frameno.avi -ovc frameno -oac copy

Any idea.

Thanks.

Nicolas.

--