[MPlayer-users] Question about XvidiX for Radeon Hardware

megadasfx at netscape.net megadasfx at netscape.net
Tue Dec 23 18:31:02 CET 2003

I recently downloaded the latest source code for MPlayer, and I have to say that it is impressive as ever.

My problem is that I can't seem to get the XvidiX funtion to work for my Radeon 8500LE 128mb video card. The XvidiX files compile and install like they normally do, but for some reason, I always get an error stating that modules are not of the correct type, or that a specific module (radeon) could not be found.

Here are the options I used to compile MPlayer and what gcc version was used:
 ./configure --enable-gui
 gcc-3.2.2 from Red Hat Linux 9.0

If you need more denug info, just let me know and I'll post it for you.

Tony

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.