[MPlayer-users] Re: SVCD from TV card

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Tue Dec 23 18:59:19 CET 2003

Torsten Römer wrote:

[...]
> I am also surprised about the warning that it's an MPEG1 stream, while
[...]
> Does anybody have an idea why my DVD Player (and also MPlayer) don't
> like the resulting SVCD?

I'd recommend to use mplex to multiplex the stream as mencoders builtin
mpeg multiplexer is buggy.  Use mplayer -dump(video|audio) for that.
If your hardware player has problems playing the stream, you could try
vpsize=1000 or vpsize=2000 (lavc option).  Using the right vrc_buf_size
option is a good idea too, the suggested values in the manpage are
maximum values for a given CD/DVD type, using a slightly lower value
could also help with your hardware player.

HTH,

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits.