[MPlayer-users] How to pause mencoder

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Dec 24 11:45:15 CET 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:17:55 -0800
Geoffrey Espin <espin at idiom.com> wrote:

> Here's a patch that adds a bunch of hacks with the _potential_ of
> including pause (just add into mencoder.c look for "check keyboard
> input").  Pause would be great if recording of live-TV and want to
> skip adverts by hand.  Adding a 'q' command was vital for restarting
> mencoder quickly, the kill took a long time from Perl.

Dont send such patches to -users, read DOCS/tech/patches.txt

> * mencoder checks input: q-quit, i<n> switch video input (0-3)

rejected. I dont see any need for such a hack

> * hacked libavcodec/i386/cputest.c to identify correctly as Nehemiah (693).

doesnt belong to mplayer, beside it looks wrong.

> * added sub.txt support (real-time subtitles for use with mencoder)

real time subtitles ?

> * get_time_pos: prints "ANS_TIME=" the number of seconds in the current file

dont we have somthing like this already ?

> * get_url: prints "ANS_URL=" the url of the current file

i dont see any sense in this command

> You could use lsdiff/filterdiff to extact just patches of interest.

No, that's your work. Developers are busy and dont have much time.
If you want your patches being included in mplayer, you should follow
the rules and take as much work from the developers as possible.

EOD

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu