[MPlayer-users] READ THIS IF YOU ARE REPORTING A BUG OR HAVE

Dan Hugo dhugo at reallycool.com
Wed Dec 24 19:41:55 CET 2003

Is this the proper group to offer up requests to support additional
codecs?

I submitted a request to support a sharp g.726 codec in order to play
back mpeg4 movies from the Panasonic SV-AV20 and uploaded everything
according to the docs
(http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html#win32-codecs), but I
have no idea if this was the right place to submit that request.

I read that submissions of that type to the developer lists were frowned
upon.  This seemed like the most logical choice, at least to get some
feedback (that being my first ever submission)

The uploaded info is still on the ftp site
(ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/sharp-g.726/) but I don't know
if I did it wrong or ???

Also, for what it's worth, the RTFM line in the outgoing message footer
points to a document that returns a 404 (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS),
possibly as a result of the recent re-installation of OS on Mplayer HQ
(?).

Thanks
-dh