[MPlayer-users] mplayer only plays first 3 titles on a DVD

Toad toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 25 01:36:17 CET 2003

I have a certain DVD which I am trying to play with mplayer. If I do
mplayer dvd://3 , it correctly plays that title. If I do mplayer dvd://4
, it plays the third title again. And if I do mplayer dvd://<5-54>, then
most of the time it just shows a blank screen and quits, although for
some numbers it shows what appear to be parts of the menus on the DVD.
However, if I mount the CD and play the VOB files, it works. This is not
terribly convenient as I have to find out which files to play. Is this
just a peculiarity of the specific DVD that mplayer cannot do anything
about? Or is it a special case that mplayer does not handle correctly?
Is there anything I can do that would help to ensure that mplayer can
play this DVD correctly in future?
Matthew J Toseland - toad at amphibian.dyndns.org