[MPlayer-users] Error messages when encoding HDTV

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Thu Dec 25 05:38:22 CET 2003

> size restrictions for MP at ML or MPEG1 exceeded! (1920x1088).000 [834:102]

FWIW, I have the same problem with mplayer trying to play Australian DVB/HDTV
streams.  It's something to do with the resolution being too high for the
format - I vaguely remember something about MP at ML having a lower limit, but
HDTV is MP at HL or something different which allows higher resolutions.  I
can't really remember what it was now, but I'm pretty sure it's a limitation
of the MPEG decoder that mplayer/mencoder uses.

Cheers,
Adam.