[MPlayer-users] BUG: -vm and -vo xv crash

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Dec 25 12:21:34 CET 2003

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 01:25:12 +0000
Jakub Argasi__ski <argasek at tekla.art.pl> wrote:

> MPlayer crashes when trying to switch to fullscreen with -vo xv and -vm
> and doesn't return to original video mode.
> I have found people reporting similiar problem, as in
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/11274

Cannot reproduce.

> One of the serious problems is that this crash isn't reproducible
> more than 5-10% of times. It happens mostly when I run mplayer for the
> first time I booted the system and seem to happen more frequent when
> system is under heavy cpu/disk load (f.ex. compilation in a background).

Sounds rather like a problem with you X11 driver or hardware than
a mplayer problem

> sound	                = yes
> nooverlapsub            = yes   # bez overlapping subtitles
> sub-no-text-pp          = yes   # bez postprocessingu dla subtitles

>From the manpage
-sub-no-text-pp
      Disables any kind of text post processing done after loading the
      subtitles.  Used for debug purposes.

> stop-xscreensaver       = yes   # wy³±cz xscreensaver na czas odtwarzania
> framedrop               = yes	# drop frames, when not in sync (slow CPU,
> videocard, etc)

> # ---- OUTPUT -----------------------------
> vo      = xv            # wybór sterownika wyj¶cia obrazu
> ao      = alsa9:noblock # wybór sterownika wyj¶cia d¼wiêku
> dr      = no            # direct rendering w³./wy³.

why disabling dr ?

> fs      = yes	        # powiêksza okno
> vm      = yes	        # próbuje dobraæ najlepsz± rozdzielczo¶æ.

vm doesnt help much when you already use xv

> double  = yes           # podwójne buforowanie

is default anyways

> zoom    = yes	        # ?

well, software scaling isnt a bright idea, you have hw scaling anyways

> # ---- FILTERS ----------------------------
> sws     = 2             # rodzaj filtra skaluj±cego

same as above

> pp      = 6             # PostProcessing dla zewn. kodeków
> vf      = pp=hb:c/vb:c/dr/al:f,scale=640:-2,expand=-1:480:-1:-1:0
using -pp and -vf pp together doesnt make much sense,
also inserting software scaler when none is needed is rather stupid.
and your expand doesnt make any sense to me if it's hardcoded
like this into your config file.

			Attila Kinali
--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu