[MPlayer-users] play or encode only range of frames

Jakub Argasiński argasek at tekla.art.pl
Fri Dec 26 11:38:27 CET 2003

Dnia 12/26/2003 07:31 AM, piotr_sobolewski at o2.pl naskrobał(-a) :
> Hello,
>
> I am new on this list. I subscribed it cause I have a question:
> how can I play or encode only a range of frames? Yes, I know I can
> use -frames option, but I don't know how to start not from frame 0
> but (for instance) frame 157?

You can use -ss to specify time from where to begin encoding. So I
guess if you know original movie framerate, you can calculate the
right value using formula:

desired_start_frame / fps = desired_start_time

And then use -frames, but I'm afraid it won't be -that- accurate.

--
argasek at tekla.art.pl :: http://Today.tekla.art.pl
"Tym czego człowiek - w każdym wieku - potrzebuje najbardziej,