[MPlayer-users] Error messages when encoding HDTV

Adam Rice adamrice at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 27 12:32:26 CET 2003

Quoting Adam Nielsen (a.nielsen at optushome.com.au):
>                                                    It's definitely a hardware
> limitation that's not being enforced, and it has strange effects when it's
> being run way above spec.

I have this problem with my GeForce4 MX. It's even noticable when playing a
DVD in full-screen mode, but it gets much worse with larger source material. I
wonder if it could be a problem with cheap hardware? The card also causes a
LOT of bus interference... I can not only hear every screen update through my
headphones, but frequently it's louder than the music.

My old GeForce2 didn't have this problem, though of course it couldn't play
anything much bigger than a DVD at full framerate.

Adam

--
Adam Rice -- adamrice at ntlworld.com -- Blackburn, Lancashire, England